So stop looking at those pictures and videos. Don’t feel anxious about your set up and decor. Yes, you can make the room feel cozy, but what you really need is…
- Space on those walls for anchor charts and other visuals that will help students learn.
- A place where they can proudly display their work (and it’s the work they’ll care about, not the fancy bulletin board it’s on).
- Space so students can do some group work with chart paper on the wall (one of my favourite activities – read more here).
- Quiet places so students don’t get over-stimulated everywhere they look.
- Space for you to focus on what really matters.